Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for an Bill of Materials Engineer to join our Launch Team. The role is flexible with a mix of remote working and occasional travel to our Head office in the UK and potentially other Volta sites across Europe.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute and make a difference from day one.
What You Will Do
Reporting to the Senior Product Launch Manager, you will be responsible for driving and managing bill of materials, purchase order coverage and parts availability prior to the building phase across the integration of multiple departments.
- Managing all process partners to ensure complete transparency of BoM, purchase order reporting and parts availability.
- Planning, evaluating, and reviewing of all business functions to confirm the correctness and completeness of the BoM and full purchase order coverage
- Overseeing the logistical functions ensuring full clarity of parts availability prior to and during a build
- Leading the integration, process improvement and reporting of all necessary functions required to meet standards of complete material availability.
We Would Like You To Have
- Experience in launch parts management in a highly dynamic project environment with tight time-to-market requirements
- Degree qualified or significant equivalent experience
- Experience of working in an automotive company in a launch environment (desirable)
- Experience of developing processes in a start-up environment (desirable)
- Able to develop processes, establish standards and continually optimise
- Flexible approach to take on launch parts management related tasks
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.