Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Corporate Development Manager as part of a new function that will lead on corporate finance, strategic partnerships and investor relations.
Reporting directly to the head of Corporate Development this is a unique opportunity to build a corporate development function in a business at the forefront of the green transport revolution and final mile delivery as we transition to it commercialisation phase
What you will do:
You will be At the centre of high impact decision making with the opportunity to learn from senior leaders of the company and have the freedom to innovate and influence Volta’s strategic direction.
· Support the development and refinement of Volta’s multi-year strategic plan, encompassing both organic and inorganic levers for growth
· Drive alignment of the long-term financial model to latest strategic initiatives, with support of FP&A and Financial Business Partners
· Provide strategic insights, financial analysis, and broader content preparation to support decisions by executive management and Board in areas such as:
o Financing and capital structure optimization
o Investment and strategic partnership opportunities
o Business development and market entry (geographic, product and service offerings)
· Manage key workstreams across project lifecycle of fundraising, partnerships and investment initiatives, including:
o Due diligence coordination
o Financial valuation analyses
o Coordination of third-party advisors and stakeholders
o Transaction documentation
· Research and monitor market trends and industry fundamentals, including capital raising activity and peer group positioning, including supporting on communications with current and prospective investors, including company updates and presentations
We would like you to have:
· 5+ years of experience from investment banking, strategy consulting, private equity or comparable corporate development and finance roles
· Strong corporate finance and valuation skillset to bring quantitative rigour which complements existing business strategy capabilities within the company
· Track record of project management delivery, including exposure to full cycle of M&A and capital raising processes (i.e., origination, due diligence, valuation, and negotiation)
· Ability to distil complex dynamics into crisp messaging, tailored for different audiences
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
· We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
· We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
· We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
· You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
· You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
· Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air and cause health and safety challenges to residents while bringing necessary goods into city centres because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at an industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.