Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for Test Vehicle Drivers to join our Vehicle Integration team. These roles will be based at our development site at MIRA, Nuneaton.
What you will do
- Train to become a safe and reliable HGV test driver to support the Vehicle Development Team during an extensive vehicle validation programme
- Ensure our electric powered fleet of development vehicles are safely prepared for daily mileage accumulation, track or lab testing, or on road-testing activities wherever required
- Work closely and collaboratively with Technician and Engineering colleagues as required ensuring accurate recording of all activities
- Present a professional, detailed, and knowledgeable commercial vehicle and company interface with all stakeholders
- Support end user application requirement definition in numerous locations or Development Team vehicle maintenance activity
- Actively engage in creating and providing a comfortable, safe product and work environment
We would like you to have
- Medically fit with clean licence and minimum 5 years HGV driving experience
- Enthusiasm for learning with ability to clearly explain the driver experience
- A willingness to help with all development vehicle preparation activity
- Freedom, flexibility, and support to travel easily at short notice or undertake unusual hours
- Character to cope with often unique challenges in an ever-changing occasionally demanding work environment, yet still positively be part of the solution defining process
- Driver certification
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.