Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for an Embedded Model Based Software Engineer to join our Electrical department. This is a hybrid role split between remote working and supporting our supplier onsite (1-2 days per week) in Warwickshire.
What you will do:
- Decomposing system and software requirements to create embedded software control functions and systems using MathWorks suite of products including MATLAB and Simulink ensuring optimised use of embedded processor resources.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the software has full requirements and unit test traceability using Simulink
- You will be responsible for integrating each control function into full system ECU level model, aligning interfaces and support integration and HiL test activities.
- You will ensure the software is robust, safe and flexible from initial concept though to series production and beyond working to modelling and coding standards
- You will be working hands-on yourself plus with outsource partners and suppliers and may be embedded virtually or physically for some time with our outsource supplier.
We would like you to have:
- 3+ years in embedded software engineering including expert level use of Mathworks suite of products
- 1+ year in software planning or issue tools (e.g. JIRA), Requirement and Configuration Management (e.g. SVN)
- University degree in a Software, Electrical or Electronics engineering topics
- Demonstrable experience developing software models for embedded applications including producing compiled code and builds
- Automotive experience and working knowledge of vehicle networks and architectures including Diagnostics
- Hands-on approach to engineering, practical and enthusiastic
- Strong communication skills and fluent in English
- Ability to drive and complete tasks independently, task oriented and high attention to detail
- Ability to work in a complex and ambiguous environment
- Positive and passionate, good team player
- Must be able to travel one or two days per week to our supplier premises in the West Midlands
- Opportunity for a more senior Team Leader role with additional experience
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.