Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Quality Project Manager to join our Vehicle Programme Quality team. The role is flexible with a mix of remote working and occasional travel to Volta sites across Europe.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will contribute and play a crucial role within the Quality team in shaping how the business delivers quality product through the product lifecycle.
What you will do:
Reporting to the Vehicle Programme Quality Lead, this role will manage the specific vehicle line projects from planning phase to the mass production phase to ensure the successful delivery. You will be operating in a cross functional environment, working alongside the Project Management Office, Engineering, Quality, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Logistics departments.
- Planning and agreeing the overall Quality targets for the vehicle project, with contribution from all other Quality supporting functions.
- Preparing, organising, and driving the Quality project plans and activities through collaboration with all the Quality functions and business stakeholders to achieve the overall milestones of the vehicle project.
- Leading the review meetings to deliver progress reports on behalf of Quality within the Project forum.
- Setting up and reviewing the project quality measurables to ensure accurate date and KPI reporting.
- Managing the performance and process of concern management (CM) for weekly reviews in conjunction with our Q Management & Reporting function.
- Be the Project Quality advocate during Project meetings and forums.
We would like you to have:
- Project Management qualification or equivalent
- Experience in vehicle launches.
- Relevant Experience with Quality management systems including fault management systems
- Experience with System design and process mapping
- Good understanding of problem-solving techniques and quality tools
- Strong negotiation, presentation, and stakeholder management skills
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.