Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Principal Engineer Body Structures Cargo. to join our Product – Body & Trim department. This is a hybrid role split between our head offices in Reading, remote working and our contract manufacturing partners facility in Austria.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the manufacturing strategy for a forward thinking, rapidly expanding business.
What you will do:
- A manager and technical expert taking responsibility for the engineering and delivery of multiple cargo products across all platform lines, to cost, quality and performance targets, utilising a team of Lead, Project, and Design Engineers.
- Manage, build, and develop a team of engineers to deliver a varied portfolio of products within the Body Structure Cargo function group.
- Work with and manage expert suppliers within the commercial vehicle body sector to develop new products in line with Volta engineering requirements and product specification.
- Be responsible for owned commodities through full product development, launch, series production and field vehicle issue resolution.
- Develop commodity specific product development specifications and processes to document and formalise good working practices.
- Create and manage commodity strategy and technology roadmaps to deliver business vision, in collaboration with Senior Manager.
We would like you to have:
- Experienced in Automotive or Cargo Box coach building with 9+ years’ relevant or transferrable experience.
- Experienced in managing suppliers of varying capability and experience.
- Experienced in management of team/s.
- Experienced in Leading Automotive program Design Engineering projects from cradle to grave.
- Experienced in using CAE to (identify early risks and design issues) develop a robust design to meet requirements ahead of critical release phases
Our culture and Valued Behaviours:
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.