Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Technical Support Lead (Flying Doctor) to join our team in the US.
As Technical Support Lead you will join our TaaS (Truck as a Service) team at Volta Trucks, as we enter the US Market. You will be the technical support Lead working on a variety of projects with engineering, supporting and identifying 3rd party suppliers, support our events team across the US and provide technical support a required. You will also assist in building our network of service support ahead of the launch of our Customer Driving Experience Programme.
What you will do:
- Providing technical support to customers for Volta Trucks across the US
- You will focus on technical enquiries, remote diagnostics, and connected services
- Technical Support Lead for all Commercial Events and Showcasing of the Volta Zero
- Providing technical and diagnostic solutions for internal and external customers
- Liaise closely with Manufacturing, Engineering and Product Development Departments.
- Work on different projects, different programs, applications, and systems across the US and Europe.
We would like you to have:
- Commercial Vehicle/HGV technical background – EV experience would be advantageous
- Proven Technical Support/Flying Doctor Experience
- Automotive electrical diagnostic experience with a willingness to learn and stay abreast with modern technology
- A problem solving mindset and able to interpret technical documentation
- An understanding of how software applications work
- Fluency in English essential and other languages would be desirable
- Ability to travel both nationally and Internationally
- Proven experience of working with key stakeholders and customers, both internal and external
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.