Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for an Energy Lead to join our Charging Infrastructure at TaaS (Truck as a Service)
Please note: Due the nature of this role, candidate located anywhere in France are welcome to apply.
What you will do:
The positions will require you to define the technical requirements and specifications for the equipment required to connect the customers’ charging infrastructure to the local grid. The role will enable you to work with various other stakeholders in both the TaaS division and the wider business to manage and develop partnerships.
- Maintain expertise on all regulations, policies, and processes applicable to the local grid, including those set by the Distribution Network Operators
- Support the design and costing of the optimal grid connection for customers based on the charging infrastructure requirements identified during site assessments carried out at their depots
- Help create the technology roadmap considering various electricity supply options available to us (i.e., Power Purchase Agreement) and their technical implications
- Maintain awareness of relevant regulatory regulation evolutions to ensure future proofing of our technical solutions portfolio
We would like you to have:
- Solid and in-depth knowledge of electrical hardware and grid management
- Experience and successful track record in the automotive and/or electrical infrastructure sectors
- The confidence and gravitas to work closely with key stakeholders and customers, both internal and external
- Entrepreneurial spirit, hands-on approach, practical and enthusiastic
- Ability to work autonomously in the fast-paced, complex and ambiguous environment of a start-up
- Fluency in English essential, additional languages would be an advantage, French in particular
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.