Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for Microgrid Systems Lead to join our Trucks As A Service Department. This role can be hybrid depending where you are based in Europe.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the manufacturing strategy for a forward thinking, rapidly expanding business.
What you will do:
You will complement the charging infrastructure and energy offer with a hybrid energy sources technological block with your technical skillset (i.e. photovoltaic panels, stationary energy storage systems, smart energy management modules).
- Identifying photovoltaic systems applicable to our different depot all around Europe
- Being in charge of recognizing rechargeable stationary energy storage systems (i.e. High voltage batteries) for depot applications
- Have knowledge in energy management system that allows building an interoperable charging ecosystem
- Being in charge of the reporting and the data extraction to keep track on our activities
- Being able to target TCO reduction for our customers
We would like you to have:
- Have experience with distributed energy solutions: microgrids: solar, battery storage, other forms of onsite generation
- Perform and maintain benchmarking for a defined set of PV panel and RESS (rechargeable energy storage systems) suppliers, identify the user stories and technical requirements
- Develop and maintain early stage microgrid system designs, site communication diagram, and asset layouts and arrangements for new and existing projects
- Develop financial models of microgrid revenue generation to optimize sizing of generation and energy storage capacity
- Size relevant solutions, install, and deliver them at scale in an integrated manner with on-site electric infrastructure
Culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.